Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas place card idea.....Scraplift!!!



Well for any of you who visit the Cosmo Cricket blog you will be able to tell right away that this is a stolen idea from none other than the very famous Julie Comstock! I've been trying to come up with an idea for my Christmas table setting this year and was coming up empty. Thanks to Julie I now have a plan!

So the photos above are what I came up with. I used Julie's advice and headed for the Dollar store and there I found these Tootsie roll banks and bird picks just perfect for creating these logs! I used the Nutmeg dark brown tree trunk inspired pattern as Julie did and then simply added the bird pick on the top. I added ribbon off to the left and then created the placecard on the front hanging down. Mine is already filled with Tootsie Roll goodies inside so this was super simple. Oh and the placecard on the front is made using patterned cardstock from the Cosmo Cricket Oh Joy collection!

Head on over to the Cosmo Cricket blog so you can see what Julie dreamed up that inspired this project! www.cosmocricket.typepad.com

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is brilliant! I love the sculptural look of this. Any teacher would really appreciate this gift! Enjoy the day! Erin

mustangkayla said...

How pretty! Those are going to look fantastic on your table!

Sandy said...

What a great idea! love it! =)

Donna said...

Love this, the color is perfect, so very warm and inviting.