Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New!!!


Ok, if you have been following things that last few days you saw some pictures of our fireplace. I ripped it all out and hired a friend of ours to custom make a new fireplace for us. He did a beautiful job...perfection I say!

Anyway, I promised I would share photos of the new fireplace and he finished the install today. He also really encouraged us to add an outlet on the top for lighting at Christmas and other times. So that is what you see in the center of the mantle top.

Let me know what you think!

8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is such a beautiful change Lisa! And it only took you 8 years to do it too! That is way better than I could have imagined...thanks for allowing me the sneak peek. Your readers are going to be AMAZED at the transformation...this is Extreme Home Makeover, Plover style! (I still think it would be fun to chase after Ty Pennington for a bit, don't you? teehee!)
Enjoy the day, friend!
Erin

Anonymous said...

oh it's gorgeous, what a marvelous job.. sure glad that you added that plug in for your Christmas lights..Mariah..2457

Nancywithajones said...

beautiful. He did do a beautiful job!

Rita S. said...

beautiful Lisa! I can already envision your Xmas paper craft projects going across the mantle.

Dawne Carlisle said...

It's gorgeous Lisa! And very smart about the outlet... it is my one regret with my mantle... we installed "up lights" but forgot the outlet!

Donna said...

LOVE it! Huge improvement! Love the tile. You will love the outlet installed on top of the mantle. Tell your friend he did a fabulous job it is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, very nice. Now I just have to get him to our house! Suzi

Anonymous said...

This turned out great Lisa. Love the wood and detailing on it
Debbie #4668