Thursday, August 27, 2009

Look what I made...


Ok, I've been in need of a crafting apron for when I pull out the messy stuff! This has been sitting in my "to do" pile and it finally made it to the top.

I started with an apron that I picked up at a local department store for $2.97. Then I found the fabric yo-yos at a craft store pre-made. I could have made these myself but when I found these in the colors I wanted on clearance there is no way I could have purchased fabric more reasonable!

I ironed the Yo-yo's on using Therm O Web's Heat and Bond. This stuff is wonderful and has a nice tight hold. I also cut the leaves using fabric and heat and bond and attached to the apron.

Then I created rhinestone swirls by making the pattern I wanted using iron on rhinestone and then secured them using my iron. Finally I added smaller yo-yo's to the top of the larger one by sewing them in place. I popped some buttons and bling on the top of each and called it done! This is a pretty dimensional apron with all the layers and such.

So do you have a crafty apron and is it plain or decorative?

10 comments:

Meg said...

I love it Lisa! I have an amazing crafty apron that my mom made for me. But I really do need a "messy" one too!

Laura C said...

Lovely Lisa! I never think to put on an apron when I'm doing messy stuff. Mental note - pull out aprons and make one my special crafting apron!

TesoriTrovati said...

Amazing stuff Lisa! I am going to share your idea with my friend Jennifer of Jangles.net who makes incredible ceramic beads in fun colors like this and is making all sorts of things with them, like tote bags and picture frames...
Great inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

Unknown said...

Very nice! I need one of these, so I don't keep ruining my shirts ;)

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

WOW,I LOVE THIS,I SURE COULD USE ONE,HINT,HINT.LOL LISA IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN'T DO?JUST AWESOME.

Lisa's Scrap Site said...

I FORGOT,I DID GET A BLUEJEAN APRON AND GLUED POCKETS ALL OVER,CUT THE POCKETS FROM ALL DIFFERANT COLORED PANTS WITH MY FISKAR PINKING SHEARS AND IT'S NEAT,AND VERY EFFTIVE FOR USING TO KEEP MY TOOLS I'VE GOT TO HAVE ON ME AT SCRAPPIN TIME,LOL

Sara said...

So cool! Bought a little apron for my son (he's messy when it comes to crafting...just like Mom!). Think I might try this with some stars or something...

Tona said...

LOVE this apron!!! Once again you've outdone yourself. WTG!

Lesa said...

Beautiful apron! You make the prettiest things.
I have several aprons but the one I wear most when crafting is plain--more like a tool apron from the hardware store.
When I get messy, I wear one of my DH's old shirts.

nancy said...

That is an awesome apron! Mine is a very bright striped canvas one that my mom gave me. It may not be pretty, but it works!