Friday, January 8, 2010

Organization tips and Ideas for 2010



Ok, this is the first of a couple of posts I will do about organizing my craft room space. The first thing I do when I organize is to think about what things I use more often and I need easy access to. Next I find containers that will work well for me to organize the items.

Today I share with you two items I got for a great deal. I found both of these at Big Lots. If you don't have a Big Lots near you check any discount store to find something similar. You can also find them at Menard's or Lowe's or Home Depot but they will most likely be a bit more expensive. Of course you can always watch for a sale!

The two items pictured are similar. The larger unit with the larger drawer fronts are actually tilt bins. I decided this would be a good storage area for my distressing tools, liquid adhesived, sponges, Q-tips, rags, staples and towlettes.

The next unit is actually little pull drawers that come out. I have labeled each drawer with the type of embellishment I keep inside. These are very deep so they actually hold a lot of embellishments!

Now, if any of you have organization tips or storage items you want to share, please comment and post a link if you have a photo to share as well! There are literally millions of ideas out there and the more we all share with one another, the more we all learn and then the more organized we will all be!

7 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Great idea! I won a fish tackle box (the canvas kinda that had snap lock trays you could stack inside of it) at a Ducks Unlimited event. I use those for my smaller embellies like buttons, brads, etc. It works great.

TesoriTrovati said...

Great ideas! Reminds me that left in my basement is one of those drawer containers. I still have to clear out that room completely! LOL! I am thinking more of those drawers might do me well...and maybe I need to invest in a labeling machine. Since I am building my studio from the ground up I am always thinking about this. I will definitely have that wall o' metal again and might think seriously about getting those little metal containers to magnet to them. And jars...filled with buttons, ribbons, etc. Very useful. Thanks for sharing! I know first hand that your organization is impeccable!
Enjoy the day, Lisa!
Erin

lavendarrose29 said...

I see those container is a lot of craft room. I may have to look next time I am near a big lots to see if they have any.

Unknown said...

I also have those tilt bins in my room and I love them! I have three different sizes, but I found mine at Staples and they were quite inexpensive! I think they are a must have item :)

Vicki in MD said...

I have some of my little bits and pieces in a nuts and bolts organizer and suppose I could pick up another one or two for the rest of my pieces. I think my pieces - buttons, gems etc, is outgrowing it's current place - and isn't organized at all. thanks for the thought

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing great storage ideas, Lisa.
I just posted my Scrapbook organizing on the cheap ideas on my facebook page here
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/ggeisenheimer?ref=profile

Gayle Smith Geisenheimer

Lydia said...

what a great use of tool bins, awesome Idea