Monday, January 25, 2010
Ok, I already gave you a glimpse of my ribbon storage. One of my blog readers (lollychops) left a comment about the Ribbon Ring storage system so I decided to go and check it out. I poked around the site and then decided to e-mail Melissa, the Ribbon Ring owner and ask some questions about this system. I asked if I could try one out and then post on my blog about it. Well blog readers you will be very excited to know that Melissa not only sent me one to try and share with all of you on the blog, but she also sent a bonus starter kit so I could give one away to a lucky blog reader. How nice is that of Melissa?
So I've taken a few photos above so you can see the system.
The first photo shows what you get in the starter package. (this is what one lucky randomly drawn blog reader will receive) The rest of the photos show how the ribbon is placed on the cards and then the ring.
Now for some of my thoughts.
1. The first thing I love about this system is being able to easily lay my hands on the ribbon. Easily being able to hold it up to a project to see if it would work before I have to dig it out and then try to put it back in a container, bag, or jar.
2. The next thing I love is that this is easily portable. Grab your rings and go, take all your ribbon with you. I only do about 2 crops a year, but one of my biggest frustrations is how to carry all my ribbon along. I know, it sounds insane but I have so much crafty goodness right in my scrapbooking room that I want to take it all with me which is why I only go out to a couple of crops a year!
3. I tested the ribbon to see if it would fall off the cards and it did not. the way you thread them through makes them stay. But it is still very easy to just pull the ribbon to cut the length you want.
4. I like that I can purchase different rings and cards to I can hang my ribbon by color. I am like that, very color coordinated. All of my cardstock is sorted by color along with my cardstock scraps. I am a color sorter for sure, so this system works well for me.
Overall, I think the Ribbon ring is a great system. The only thing I found that I don't like is taking all that time upfront to get it threaded on the cards. But I have had that upfront time with every single ribbon system I have tried so I am thinking there is no way to avoid that!
Now, who wants to win their very own Ribbon Ring Starter kit? Here is how-
1. Post a comment on my blog, under this thread.
2. For every friend you send to post on my blog that mentions your name you get an extra entry.
3. Add yourself to my blog follower list. If you are already a follower then send a friend over and have them add themselves as a follower and leave a comment witb your name as the referral source in a comment on this post.
4. Post a link on your facebook page or your own blog and then come back here and post a link in the comments.
So lots of chances to add your name a lot of times to win this prize! (compliments of Melissa) I will draw a random winner on Tuesday February 2nd. So lots of time to round up your friends to stop by!
Posted by lfalduto at 12:48 PM